The Little Prince: Chapter Questions & Tests/Assessments Bundled
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: Chapter Questions & Tests/Assessments
-Three tests, each covering 1/3 of the novel
-Chapter questions for all chapters
-Answer keys included
-This bundle is $12 less than buying the tests and chapter questions individually
-Pages 1-10 are chapter questions & corresponding answer keys
-Pages 11-21 are the three tests & corresponding answer keys
-Below is more detailed information about the tests & chapter questions
-These three tests cover the entire novel.
-Covers Ch 1-9
-30 questions, plus one extra credit question at end
-Multiple choice & T/F only
-Covers Ch 10-19
-Multiple choice, T/F, & two short answer questions
-Covers Ch 20-27
-Multiple choice, T/F, two short, & 2 long answer questions (these ask for a four sentence minimum response)
* Discuss three ways in which the theme of perspective comes up in the novel.
* According to the fox, what makes the prince’s rose so important?
(A) Her four thorns can serve as weapons
(B) The time the prince has spent caring for her
(C) The special way she expresses her love
(D) Her unmatchable beauty
(E) None of the above
* How does the fox define to “tame?”
(A) “To soften the spirit”
(B) “To establish ties”
(C) “To learn to love”
(D) “To master another being”
* Finish this quote by the fox: “You become __________________, forever, for what you have tamed.”
* What is ephemeral?
(A) the little prince’s planet
(B) the little prince’s rose
(C) the little prince’s search for answers
(D) All of the above
* The tippler (drunkard) represents
(A) greed/thirst for power
(C) shame/weakness of man
(D) None of the above
<>THE CHAPTER QUESTIONS<>
-These chapter questions cover the entire novel.
-Ch 1 questions include five pre-reading questions
-Directions are always (or extremely similar wording):
"Responses must be in complete sentences, on lined paper, and stapled to the assignment. Responses must be thoughtful and complete to receive full credit. Two complete sentences, minimum, for each question are required for full credit. More than two sentences may be required to answer questions thoughtfully!"
-Occasionally there are 'no incorrect answer' questions
-82 questions total
-There are an average of 10 questions per chapter assignment (questions). The chapter assignments are grouped as follows:
* The rose uses a cough to cover something up, to distract the little prince. What does she try to cover up?
* What is wonderful to the prince when he feels very sad? Does the prince answer the narrator’s question regarding whether he felt sad the day he watched the sun set 44 times? Why or why not? (your guess)
* “Grown-ups are like that.” What does the narrator mean by this?
* Why was the prince overcome with sadness in chapter 20? Explain.
* Do you detect any foreshadowing in chapter 17? Explain what it might be.
* Chapter 22 - What do the rushing trains represent? In what way is the author pointing out that children are different in their perspectives or priorities from adults?
* How does the narrator judge whether a grown-up “really understood anything”?